St Mirren beat ten man Aberdeen

St Mirren beat ten man Aberdeen

St Mirren beat ten man Aberdeen

St Mirren beat ten man Aberdeen

St Mirren beat ten man Aberdeen

St Mirren capitalised on Teddy Jenks’ second-half red card to come from behind and beat Aberdeen to

record a first Scottish Premiership win of the season.

Scott Brown and Christian Ramirez had Aberdeen in front at the break after Connor Ronan fired the home side ahead.

But after Jenks was shown a second yellow card for a late tackle on Jamie McGrath, St Mirren took control as Ronan added
a fine second and Marcus Fraser sealed victory.

Up until Jenks’ dismissal on 50 minutes, Aberdeen had looked like ending their run of seven games without a victory,

following back-to-back league defeats without scoring.

Their defensive vulnerabilities were exposed after 14 minutes when the haphazard Lewis gifted possession away, and

Ethan Erhahon slipped through Ronan to fire home via a deflection off David Bates.

But Aberdeen responded well as they dominated out wide to put dangerous crosses into the box and put St Mirren under pressure.

Teenage full-back Calvin Ramsay was again brilliant, and his free kick caused havoc in the St Mirren box, and eventually

Ramirez touched the ball off Brown to swiftly level.

And another cultured free kick from Ramsay found a diving Ramirez who guided his header into the top corner to give Aberdeen 

who had created other opportunities a deserved lead.

But Jenks, who had been excellent in the first half, lost his composure early in the second period as he caught McGrath’s foot when

playing for the ball, having already been shown a yellow card for a trip on Fraser before the break.

It shifted the momentum of the game, as St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin brought on striker Curtis Main to go two up front and chase the match.

Ronan showed great composure both of his goals.


About the Author


อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องที่ต้องการถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *

You may also like these

PowerFul By Rufeo