Burnley and Everton have been postponed

Burnley and Everton have been postponed

Burnley and Everton have been postponed

Burnley and Everton have been postponed

Burnley and Everton have been postponed

The Premier League has postponed Everton’s match at Burnley on Sunday because of coronavirus and injuries.

Everton were originally rebuffed by the league in their application to have the game called off.

But a Premier League statement on Friday said it had reviewed the club’s request “following further injuries to the squad”.

In announcing the postponement of Sunday’s match at Turf Moor, which had been scheduled to kick off at 15:00 GMT,
the Premier League said: “The board this morning was able to make its decision in advance of Boxing Day to give clarity
to clubs and their fans.”

On Thursday, after the original application to postpone the match at Turf Moor had been rejected, Everton boss Rafael Benitez

said he was “really surprised” that it was going ahead.

He explained that he had been left with just nine senior outfield players and three goalkeepers to choose from because of

a Covid-19 outbreak.

At the meeting, clubs were advised that if they have 13 fit players, plus a goalkeeper, they should fulfil their games.

Meanwhile, it is the third successive match Burnley have had postponed because of Covid outbreaks in the opposition squad.

About the Author

ใส่ความเห็น

อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องที่ต้องการถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *

You may also like these

PowerFul By Rufeo